Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
One of the alarming aspects of mold and microbial development is that colonies can exist and spread without a homeowner noticing. There are areas of your house that you do not consistently inspect and visit, such as your crawlspace or an unfinished attic. Once physical signs of mold growth reach more heavily trafficked areas of your property, the colonies have become a substantial threat that requires multiple types of remediation and removal strategies to resolve.
Remediation Strategies for Colony Removal
Eliminating mold and microbial threats from a damaged property begins with a thorough inspection of the grounds to determine the organisms' most likely locations. Removing moisture and humidity from the environment around these work zones can start to starve out the colony while more direct remediation approaches get underway to eliminate these threats altogether. Mold removal that our SERVPRO team completes only fixates on active threats and not naturally occurring spores in the environment and can be finished with multiple practices such as:
- Surface power sanding
- Abrasive media blasting
- Surface cleaning with antimicrobial products
- Controlled demolition
Build Back and Repairs for Fremont
Because we have a general contractor license #937457, we can provide a wealth of services and actions to further restore and recover your home or business after a mold loss. Controlled demolition might be necessary for remediation purposes. However, we can also help with permanent repairs to damaged roofs, structural elements, flooring, ceilings systems after leaks and replace portions of plumbing.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (510) 737-8793
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Newark, Southwest Fremont?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (510) 737-8793
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Newark, Southwest Fremont is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Newark community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2170 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.